Welcome to the worldly adventures of SEVEN

SEVEN is a collective of multi-disciplined artists from rural Nova Scotia. Collaboration is the foundation for creativity, where each artist responds artistically in her own medium to a selected theme. Through collective discourse, various elements combine to form a much richer body of thought - adding new and perhaps unforeseen levels of creativity and interpretation.

Rurally routed to their tidal landscape, SEVEN knows, what goes out, does come in.



Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Together in our "spare" time!

Wow! My first BLOG entry. Marie Jardine coming to you digitally. Being a member of an art collective is an amazing thing. We all live very separate lives and create very different art from each other. Although we don't really "hang out" together, on occasion, we do things together. Sometimes we carpool and go to Halifax to peruse the galleries,  art stores or go to movies and sometimes we share a meal together either in restaurants or have a potluck. We also share what we are interested in with each other and when an idea sparks in 1 of 7 we try to get together and make something happen. A little over a year ago one of us found out how to make a body form using an old T-shirt and duck tape. Here's what happened when 5 of us were able to gather at Pam's one afternoon...


Looks like a new dance craze!














Shes definitely sucking it in!

















Deborah has a new dance partner.












Pam helping out Marilyn.
Looks like she's enjoying it!












Cutting Angela out
All done. Angela and I opted for the paper tape which you have to wet and let dry. It didn't take much longer to do and it was cold and clammy for a while but in the end it holds up better than the tape. I liked the feeling of being all held in!








Invisible 5 of 7. I like the way we can tell who's is who's. I drove home later that day with my form strapped into the passenger seat.





So I used mine to make this out of copper for the Awakenings show at Harvest Gallery, in Wolfville
But first I did this with it. It was a performance of the song "The Eternal Seduction of Adam" (Originally The Eternal Seduction of Eve by The Real Tuesday Weld).

My band included myself as Maxine Fender with vocal and glockenspeil, Ariana Nasr on sax. Chris Robison on bass, Andy Kavanagh on drums and Andy Flinn on guitar.

Here's the link to see the performance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ3ufY46VQI



Well that's me for now. I'll post the work I did for AWAKENINGS next time.
Mx

No comments:

Post a Comment