Welcome to the worldly adventures of SEVEN

SEVEN is a collective of multi-disciplined artists from rural Nova Scotia. Collaboration is the foundation for creativity, where each artist responds artistically in her own medium to a selected theme. Through collective discourse, various elements combine to form a much richer body of thought - adding new and perhaps unforeseen levels of creativity and interpretation.

Rurally routed to their tidal landscape, SEVEN knows, what goes out, does come in.



Monday, March 15, 2010

Journey of the Everyday...

Hello...my name is Angela Melanson and I am one of the members of the art collective, SEVEN. I am lucky to have grown up in this beautiful part of the world and am very grateful to share my artistic adventures with six other fabulous and creative members of this group. Here's a little bit about me and my work:

Most of my recent work is inspired by my daily jaunts through the magical Acadian Forest which surrounds my home on a mountain top in the Annapolis Valley in Nova Scotia. My daily journey with my dog Meeya provides me with much inspiration based on the scents, sounds and my own imagination (which tends to run wild in the midst of Mother Natures' creation). Perhaps it's the song of the forest birds, the tracks left by various animals in the snow, lady slippers and ferns working their way towards the light in late spring - all of which finds its' way in various forms throughout my body of work. I am in love with the simplicity of the everyday and hope to share this with you through my visual stories.


Rabbit 
Acrylic, pastel & pencil on wood panel
5' x 4'
c 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment