Welcome to the worldly adventures of SEVEN

SEVEN is a collective of multi-disciplined artists from rural Nova Scotia. Collaboration is the foundation for creativity, where each artist responds artistically in her own medium to a selected theme. Through collective discourse, various elements combine to form a much richer body of thought - adding new and perhaps unforeseen levels of creativity and interpretation.

Rurally routed to their tidal landscape, SEVEN knows, what goes out, does come in.



Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Simple Jewellery Repair with the Lakeville Woman's Institute

I have lived in Lakeville, N.S. for 27 years. It has been a wonderful place to raise a family, and grow our souls by living rurally and enjoying all the benefits that come with this life style. To meet the community  I joined the Lakeville Woman's Institute. I was a 'younger' member and was welcomed whole heartedly by an incredibly diverse and busy group. While a member I attended outings, catered dinners, ran community projects, and raised funds for our community and other women with needs around the world. It was a supportive community to learn how to do many things. Many of these things I have been able to use in our Art Collective 'Seven".
I look forward to tomorrow when I will go back to the Lakeville Community Hall and an afternoon meeting of the Lakeville Woman's Institute to share some simple jewellery repair techniques.

EXCHANGE  (noun)  giving of one thing and receiving of another in its place.

Seems to me this is how community is built and 'exchange' is happening around the world. I am optimistic!

No comments:

Post a Comment